CSW-CSWAC Archives

June 2019

CSW-CSWAC@LISTS.SSCNET.UCLA.EDU

From:
Kristina Nyden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristina Nyden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2019 19:18:14 +0000
Sent on behalf of CSWAC Chair Grace Hong

Dear CSWAC,

As I mentioned at the Spring meeting, for the past two years or so, I have been the lead (along with Jessica Cattelino) of CSWAC's Sexual Violence Working Group, and we are inviting any CSWAC members who are interested in joining. With the Chancellor's campus-wide email yesterday about the sexual abuse case against Dr. James Heaps (attached), it seems all the more important that CSW has a voice in how the campus handles these issues.

Please let me know if you would like to join this working group. If you have already been a part of the working group, could you please send me an email and let me know if you'd like to continue?

Finally, I'll be moving on to my new position as CSW Associate Director as of July 1, and I have to say that it has been a pleasure and a privilege to have been the Chair of CSWAC for the past three years. CSWAC really is the best community on campus, and I've been so sustained and inspired by your intellectual engagement, kindness, and generosity with your time and service. Thank you all so much!

Best,
Grace

Grace Hong
Professor