From: CSW Advisory Committee <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Rosa Chung <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, October 16, 2023 at 1:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [CSW-CSWAC] Agenda Re: CSWAC General Meeting
Dear CSWAC,

This is just a friendly reminder that our fall CSWAC general meeting will be held in-person on:

Date: Friday, 10/27/23
Time: 12:00 – 1:30 PM. *Lunch will be provided by sweetgreen. Doors will be open at 11:45 am
Location: CSW|Streisand Center’s newly renovated office! 1500 Public Affairs (across from Jimmy’s Coffeehouse)

Please RSVP here<https://forms.gle/iCiLqGfcX3HkiJMa6> by Friday, 10/20/23, or send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> so I can get an accurate headcount for lunch and accommodate any dietary needs.

AGENDA:
12:00 pm – Welcome by CSWAC Chair Timu Gallien
12:15 pm – Updates by CSW|Streisand Center Director Grace Hong
12:30 pm – Faculty mini-presentations by:

Alesia Montgomery, Assistant Professor
Institute of Environment and Sustainability
Presentation: "Overwhelming" Heat: Black and Latina Mothers in South LA as Climate Warriors”**

Timu Gallien, Associate Professor and CSWAC Chair
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Presentation: “Coastal Hazards and Transdisciplinary Research Opportunities”

1:30 pm – End
**Bios and abstracts provided in the attached agenda

--
If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Best,
Rosa

--

Rosa Chung
Management Services Officer

The Center for the Study of Women|Streisand Center at UCLA acknowledges the Tongva peoples as the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/world.wav> (Los Angeles basin, So. Channel Islands) and are grateful to have the opportunity to work for the taraaxatom<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/people.wav> (indigenous peoples) in this place. As a land grant institution, we pay our respects to Honuukvetam<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/ancestors.wav> (Ancestors), 'Ahiihirom (Elders)<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/wise+people.wav>, and 'eyoohiinkem<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/our+relatives.wav> (our relatives/relations) past, present and emerging.