Dear CSWAC Members,

Happy New Year! I hope you all have had a relaxing break.

CSW|Streisand Center is ready to launch the Faculty Research & Development Initiative mentioned in my previous email (below), albeit a couple of weeks later than planned due to the UAW strike. I have attached the program proposal with the survey results again for your convenience.

To launch the FRD initiative, CSW|Streisand Center will host bimonthly thematic luncheons for CSWAC faculty starting in mid-February 2023. Faculty will be voting on the proposed luncheon themes at the CSWAC General Meeting on 1/26. Once the themes have been selected, we will send an announcement with all the details.

Also, the CSW|Streisand Center Faculty Research Grants are now open to both senate faculty and non-senate faculty for the first time. Grants are awarded up to $6,000, maintaining last year’s increase of the award amount. You can access the application here. Applications are due on Friday, April 14, 2023.

Best regards,

Katja

--

Katja Antoine, PhD

Program and Research Developer | she/her/hers

UCLA Center for the Study of Women|Streisand Center

Office: 1500 Public Affairs | www.csw.ucla.edu

Phone: (310) 825-5955 | Fax: (310) 825-0456

The UCLA Center for the Study of Women|Streisand Center acknowledges the Tongva peoples as the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar (Los Angeles basin, So. Channel Islands) and are grateful to have the opportunity to work for the taraaxatom (indigenous peoples) in this place. As a land grant institution, we pay our respects to Honuukvetam (Ancestors), 'Ahiihirom (Elders), and 'eyoohiinkem (our relatives/relations) past, present and emerging.