Dear CSWAC,

Our last general meeting of the academic year is next Wednesday, 5/5/21 from 2 – 3:30 pm! The agenda is below and attached.

Zoom link: https://ucla.zoom.us/j/94798022656

2 pm – Welcome and Introductions

2:15 pm – Presentation and Q&A by Dr. Alison Cerezo

3:15 pm – CSWAC COVID-19 Results

3:30 pm – End

-----

Presentation and Q&A by Assistant Professor Alison Cerezo from the Department of Counseling, Clinical, & School Psychology at UC Santa Barbara

Title: Exploring social, economic and health needs of sexual minority women during the COVID-19 pandemic

Abstract: The novel coronavirus pandemic has resulted in unprecedented challenges to the social and psychological well-being of sexual and gender minority (SGM) communities in the US and around the world. For example, data collected from US households in 2020 demonstrated higher rates of job loss and economic uncertainty among SGM as compared to their heterosexual and cisgender counterparts, including severe challenges with accessing healthcare. In this presentation, trends in social and mental health among diverse SGM communities will be discussed including data from two studies collected during the pandemic with SGM women. In the study one, Dr. Cerezo and her team explored how social media impacted SGM women’s mental health, sense of community and alcohol use at one and two months into shelter-in-place. In study two, they examined pandemic stress and vaccination hesitancy among SGM women in Los Angeles county.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you then!

Best,

Rosa

--

Rosa Chung

Management Services Officer

UCLA Center for the Study of Women

(She/Her/Hers)

www.csw.ucla.edu

The Center for the Study of Women at UCLA acknowledges the Tongva peoples as the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar (Los Angeles basin, So. Channel Islands) and are grateful to have the opportunity to work for the taraaxatom (indigenous peoples) in this place. As a land grant institution, we pay our respects to Honuukvetam (Ancestors), 'Ahiihirom (Elders), and 'eyoohiinkem (our relatives/relations) past, present and emerging.

To unsubscribe from the CSW-CSWAC list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(CSW-CSWAC,SIGNOFF);