Dear CSWAC Faculty--

It has come to my attention that due to staff transition and a communication snafu, our office neglected to send invitations out to a good half of our CSWAC faculty to our meeting last Monday.  We are deeply sorry for this error.  If you have concerns with regard to the issues covered at the meeting (minutes attached) and would like to discuss them with me, Associate Director Grace Hong, or CSWAC Chair Sarah Haley, do not hesitate to contact any or all of us.

On the flipside, given that we invited half of our CSWAC faculty, we had an enormous turn-out for this fall business meeting, with discussion summarized in the attached minutes. Thank you to all who attended and welcome, especially, to our new CSWAC members.

Among the big announcements are these:

All the very best,

Rachel

Rachel Lee

Director, UCLA Center for the Study of Women

Professor of English, Gender Studies, and the Institute of Society & Genetics

Author of The Exquisite Corpse of Asian America: Biopolitics, Biosociality, and Posthuman Ecologies (NYU Press, 2014), winner of Best Book in Cultural studies, Association of Asian American Studies 2016

1500 Public Affairs

Box 957222

Los Angeles, CA 90095

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

The Center for the Study of Women at UCLA acknowledges the Tongva peoples as the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar (Los Angeles basin, So. Channel Islands) and are grateful to have the opportunity to work for the taraaxatom (indigenous peoples) in this place. As a land grant institution, we pay our respects to Honuukvetam (Ancestors), 'Ahiihirom (Elders), and 'eyoohiinkem (our relatives/relations) past, present and emerging.

To unsubscribe from the CSW-CSWAC list, click the following link:
https://lists.sscnet.ucla.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=CSW-CSWAC