Dear CSWAC members:

As some of you may be aware, CSW has developed a partnership with The Op-Ed Project<https://www.theopedproject.org/>, an organization whose mission is to "increase the range of voices and quality of ideas we hear in the world.” They do so by offering workshops for women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and others not well-represented in the media on how to articulate expertise and develop and pitch opinion pieces.

We are co-hosting a day-long Op-Ed Project workshop on Sunday, May 19. While participants typically pay a fee, we have one space available that we are able to offer free of charge. We would like to offer that space to a CSWAC member.  The workshop is the Op-Ed Project’s Core “Write to Change the World” seminar:

"Our day-long Core Seminar ("Write To Change The World") is designed to test assumptions about our individual knowledge, and what it takes to be influential on a large scale. We explore the source of credibility; the patterns and elements of persuasion; the difference between being “right” and being effective; how to preach beyond the choir; and how to think bigger about what you know—to have more impact in the world. Participants emerge with concrete results, including the outline for an op-ed.”

In addition to the workshop, participants will have three months of access to a network of mentor-editors who will assist in developing and pitching opinion pieces.

The workshop will run from approximately 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on May 19, and will take place at UCLA.

If you are interested in participating, please respond to this email to let me know. The free workshop spot will go to the first person to respond. CSW may host additional workshops with the Op-Ed project in the future with fee-free spaces available, and I will contact those who are interested but cannot participate this time to let you know of future opportunities.

Best wishes,

Alexandra Apolloni
Program and Research Developer
UCLA Center for the Study of Women
Office: 1500 Public Affairs
Phone: 310-825-5955
CSW Promotes a Fragrance-Free and Non-Toxic Environment – Share the Air!