Dear All,

The deadline is one month away!

CSW (in conjunction with the Institute of American Cultures) is proud to continue the Research Excellence Award for UCLA Associate Professors. Please see below for the announcement and circulate widely to UCLA faculty.

I have also attached a PDF for printing/posting. If you'd like hard copies delivered to your office, please let me know!

Best Wishes,

Arielle Bagood (She/Her/Hers)
Program Coordinator
UCLA Center for the Study of Women
--
Office: 1500 Public Affairs
Phone: (310) 825-0590

CSW Promotes a Fragrance-Free and Non-Toxic Environment - Share the Air!<https://csw.ucla.edu/about/fragrance-free/>

The Center for the Study of Women at UCLA acknowledges the Tongva peoples as the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/world.wav> (Los Angeles basin, So. Channel Islands) and are grateful to have the opportunity to work for the taraaxatom<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/people.wav> (indigenous peoples) in this place. As a land grant institution, we pay our respects to Honuukvetam<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/ancestors.wav> (Ancestors), 'Ahiihirom (Elders)<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/wise+people.wav>, and 'eyoohiinkem<https://www.aisc.ucla.edu/sounds/our+relatives.wav> (our relatives/relations) past, present and emerging.

PLEASE CIRCULATE

Research Excellence Award for UCLA Associate Professors
 Presented by The UCLA Center for the Study of Women & Institute for American Cultures
Now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Academic Year

DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2020

AWARD DETAILS<https://csw.ucla.edu/funding/faculty/research-excellence-award-ucla-associate-professors>

The Center for the Study of Women and Institute for American Cultures are accepting applications for a joint award: the Research Excellence Award for Associate Professors for the 2020-2021 academic year. This award consists of a monograph manuscript (or equivalent) workshop organized by CSW-IAC to promote continuing excellence in scholarship by UCLA professors at the associate level addressing questions important to the fields of critical race and postcolonial studies and/or gender, sexuality, and ethnic studies.

NOMINATION PROCESS
Candidates for the award must be nominated by a fellow faculty member (does not have to be from UCLA) committed to co-organizing the workshop alongside the CSW-IAC selection committee and staff.

STRUCTURE OF WORKSHOPS
Each workshop will feature a distinguished outside reader from the awardee's field who will prepare detailed written reports in preparation for the workshop discussion. Also invited will be a select group of local colleagues and intellectual interlocutors who will have had an opportunity to read the manuscript or portions thereof. These workshops will offer awardees an extended and detailed discussion of his or her manuscript and a pragmatic plan of action for revisions.

APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
The application requires the following materials:

  1.  Two-page (single-spaced) abstract of the book manuscript, including a progress report on state of completion by the time of the workshop
  2.  CV, with past service to or collaboration with IAC or CSW highlighted
  3.  Letter of Nomination, noting three potential outside readers of the manuscript

Materials must be submitted through the online application portal<https://uclacsw.submittable.com/submit/143947/research-excellence-award-for-ucla-associate-professors-2020-2021>. Application may be submitted by nominator or nominee.

DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 9, 2020 (by 11:59pm PT)

QUESTIONS?
Contact Kristina Magpayo Nyden, Management Services Officer, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Flyer Attached.