Dear All,

I am writing to you in my capacity as the most recent Chair of the CSW Advisory Committee.  As many of you know, we seem to have stalled in the process to appoint a new Director for the Center.  Elizabeth Marchant has done a wonderful job this Fall quarter as Interim Director, but finds it untenable to continue, especially while chairing Gender Studies.  In the meantime, the Center is without future direction and planning.

At the last CSW affiliates meeting, we agreed unanimously to hold a meeting with Scott Waugh to discuss the future of the Center.
That meeting has now been scheduled for Wednesday, December 3, at 1 pmIt is imperative that we have a large number of faculty from all ranks and disciplines attending the meeting.

Please RSVP to me at [log in to unmask] and do spread the word. The Center's future may depend upon it.

All best, Susan

Susan L. Foster, Distinguished Professor
Department of World Arts and Cultures/Dance