Re:

December 17, 2009

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that the UCLA Center for the Study of Women (CSW) is accepting applications for the Faculty Curator Grants.  CSW seeks applications from faculty interested in proposing a programming concentration for the Fall or Winter quarters of the 2010-2011 academic year.

CSW will award one project per quarter, for a maximum of $3000 to fund up to three presentations by outside speakers whose work pertains to the proposed concentration.  Award monies will be used for direct costs associated with bringing in outside speakers.  While those awarded faculty curatorships will be responsible for selecting potential speakers, all other logistics of the speaker's campus visit will be arranged by CSW staff.

Faculty applying for a Curatorship must represent a formal or informal research group of UCLA faculty or be interested in coordinating a lecture series or workshop with another department or research center or group.  These faculty or faculty groups will serve as guest curators for the Center’s primary programming for one quarter.  Please note these Curatorship awards depend on CSW’s funding situation for next year, which has not yet been determined.

To apply, please visit our website at http://www.csw.ucla.edu/ffunding_curators.html and follow the detailed guidelines to complete the required application materials.  I encourage all qualified UCLA faculty to apply.

Please submit completed applications to Patricija Petrac at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask].  All applications must be received by Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 5:30 pm.

All the very best,

Kathleen McHugh
Director, Center for the Study of Women
Professor, English and Cinema & Media Studies