1500 PUBLIC POLICY ~ BOX 957222

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90095-7222

TEL: (310) 825-0590

EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

January 26, 2009

Dear CSW Faculty Affiliate,

We are very pleased to invite you to attend Thinking Gender, the
Nineteenth Annual Graduate Student Research Conference on Friday,
February 6, 2009.

We are confident that this year's conference will appeal to a broad
spectrum of undergraduate and graduate students who have an interest in
feminist research on media, sports, sexuality, performance,
spirituality, activism, contemporary politics, disability studies, the
environment, and a variety of other topics. I will be chairing this
year's plenary session: "Changing the (his)story: Women in Film and
Television," which spotlights current graduate research on historicizing
women in media.

If you are teaching this quarter, we hope that you will encourage your
class to attend. We welcome classes! If you would like this year's
conference coordinator, Mirasol Riojas, to speak to your class about the
conference offerings, please email her directly at
[log in to unmask] . If you would like to offer your students
extra credit for attending the conference, we would be happy to provide
sign-in sheets at our registration tables. We would like to assist you
in any way that we can. We hope that you will invite your students and
advisees to attend the conference and to take advantage of this
wonderful opportunity to engage with their fellow students, faculty, and
scholars.

The conference is free and open to the public.  For information on the
conference, please visit our website:
http://www.csw.ucla.edu/thinkinggender.html . The scheduling is not
settled, but the preliminary list of panels is available:
http://www.csw.ucla.edu/Forms/TG_2009_panels.pdf . I hope that you will
help us to advertise panels of interest to you and your students,
advisees, and colleagues.

Enclosed are some copies of the plenary flyer and the poster. Please let
us know if you need more copies.

With all best wishes,

Kathleen McHugh

Director, UCLA Center for the Study of Women

Professor, English and Cinema and Media Studies