Dear Faculty Affiliates,

Jenny Price, a well-known nature writer and CSW Research Scholar,
asked me to forward this invitation.

All best,

Brenda

---------------

Hi All - I am leading the first-ever tour of the mighty Los Angeles
River for the research scholars, and all CSW folk, family, and friends
are invited:

Car-caravan tour - Sunday Oct. 12, 9:30am-1:30pm
(optional lunch afterward in Chinatown)

Everyone in Los Angeles has seen the LA River, and has heard that it's
being revitalized. But who knows where it is, exactly--and what exactly
is happening on its banks?  We'll walk and drive along the river, and
look at its central role in the city's history and the necessity of its
ambitious revitalization to LA's future.

We'll form carpools at the River Center (570 W Ave. 26, near the
5/110), and drive to 4 stops: the new parks in the pretty Glendale
Narrows (across from Griffith Park), the historic Arroyo Seco
confluence, the new Los Angeles State Historic Park (aka the
Cornfield), and the industrial downtown location that everyone's seen
in movies and on TV.

The tour requires a little walking--not much--and allows for more if
you like to walk. Bring snacks, water, and shoes that can get the
slightest bit wet.   There's plenty of time and room for kids to run
around--but bring at least two if possible.   Dogs are welcome.

To sign up, or if you have any questions, please e-mail
[log in to unmask] -- with # of people (best guess).

See you on the river!

Jenny
CSW Research Scholar