1500 PUBLIC AFFAIRS ~ BOX 957222

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90095-7222

TEL: (310) 825-0590

EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

April 30, 2008

This is a reminder that the UCLA Center for the Study of Women (CSW) is accepting applications for our annual Faculty Development Grants.  Six grants will be awarded for AY 2008-09 to UCLA faculty for the support of research projects concerning gender, sexuality and/or women’s issues. Award amounts will generally range from $2,500 to $3,500, although exceptional projects may be awarded up to $5,000.

The Faculty Development Grants are divided into three categories: the Junior Faculty Research Development Grants, for the completion of pre-tenure research projects and publications; the Faculty Research Seed Grants, for the development of new projects that may lead to external funding opportunities through CSW; and the Faculty Research Completion Grants, for projects that could be considered for CSW publications such as policy briefs or research reports.

To find additional information about the Faculty Development Grants, please visit our website at www.csw.ucla.edu/ffunding_development.html. To apply, follow the detailed guidelines and complete the required application materials. The deadline is Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 5:30 PM.

Please distribute this announcement of the CSW Faculty Development Grants. We encourage all qualified faculty to apply.