RESEARCH-SCHOLARS-CHAT Archives

October 2008

RESEARCH-SCHOLARS-CHAT@LISTS.SSCNET.UCLA.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 06:08:53 -0700
Dear research scholars,

An update on the brown bag schedule, as it is firming up for the year.
  First, a huge thanks to Jenny Price for leading a fantastic tour of
the L.A. River this past sunday -- our kickoff "brown bag" for the
year. It was an eye-opening, informative, fun exploration of the
river.  Jenny did a great job giving us a sense of the history and
current issues surrounding the river, and the movement afoot to
"re-green" it.  Some of us took pictures, hopefully you'll be seeing
some of those in an upcoming CSW newsletter.

Please save the dates for these upcoming brown bags:

Tuesday December 9, 12-2:  Collective "working session."  Bring your
research questions and challenges to this very informal discussion
about our work.

Wednesday February 4, 12:30-2:  Ursula Lindqvist, will present on her
work on Anna Hergaard.

These will be held in 2125 Rolfe Hall (the conference room).

We are still working out the scheduling for the spring brown bag.

Hope everyone is doing well.

best,
Becky