RESEARCH-SCHOLARS-CHAT Archives

October 2008

RESEARCH-SCHOLARS-CHAT@LISTS.SSCNET.UCLA.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:30:55 -0700
Dear research scholars,

Hope everyone is in the midst of a productive fall quarter.  A couple
of things I wanted to update everyone on...

first, we've booked some days for our informal "drop in" time for all
research scholars.  These will be on the 2nd friday of the month for
fall quarter -- so October 10, November 14, and December 12.  Time
from 12-2, in 2125 Rolfe Hall. This conference room is on the north
side of the building, second floor.  So if you're around campus on
those days, please drop by for some informal interaction with your
fellow scholars.

second, we've only had two responses to the invitation to take a tour
of the LA River, graciously offered by Jenny Price.  Are there any
more of you interested in attending this???   If so, please RSVP to
Jenny asap.  The date is coming up, Oct 12 and she needs to hear from
people soon.  We're hoping to have a decent turnout for this, it
should be a really interesting event.  Get us away from our computers,
out into the city, and connected with other research scholars.

Everyone -- please feel free to post on the listserv if you have any
further ideas for generating connections with your fellow scholars...
I'm feeling a bit like the lone voice on this listserv, and this is
really a tool for all of us to use.

best,
Becky