RESEARCH-SCHOLARS-CHAT Archives

February 2011

RESEARCH-SCHOLARS-CHAT@LISTS.SSCNET.UCLA.EDU

From:
Becky Nicolaides <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Nicolaides <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:07:45 -0800
Dear colleagues,

I have a research question - and figured you are all the best group to
ask this.  I'm working on a book on the social history of social life
in suburbia, post 1945.  I'm wondering if there is any literature out
there - that you might be familiar with - that deals with the trend of
"stay-at-home moms" since the 1980s or so.  I'm particularly
interested in the class dynamics of this.  I'm terming it
"neo-domesticity" but I've just sort of made this up - perhaps it's
talked about by feminist scholars in different terms.

best,
Becky

Becky Nicolaides
Research Scholar, UCLA Center for the Study of Women