LSIPLIST Archives

February 2008

LSIPLIST@LISTS.SSCNET.UCLA.EDU

From:
Gillian Claycomb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gillian Claycomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:59:04 -0800
It's very important for our community to come out to send a clear message to
the government that we won't stand for attacks like this.  Immigration and
Customs Enforcement (ICE) targets immigrants in the same way that the police
target the LGBTQ community and all communities of color.  They want to
create a culture of fear, and we won't let them!

Please come support the over 100 workers who were detained in the ICE raid
at a Van Nuys factory last Thursday.

What: Valentine's Day Vigil
When: This Thursday February 14 at 5pm
Where: Federal Building in Downtown- 300 N. Los Angeles St

Please forward to other friends and organizations.

Gillian Claycomb
UCLA Downtown Labor Center
675 S. Park View St. 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90057