CSW-CSWAC Archives

April 2024

CSW-CSWAC@LISTS.SSCNET.UCLA.EDU

From:
Rosa Chung <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rosa Chung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2024 04:27:37 +0000
The below message was sent from Director Grace Hong:

—

Dear CSWAC,

I had the great fortune of spending all of today at the Students for Justice in Palestine encampment in Royce Quad, where hundreds of students, staff, faculty, and community members turned out to protest UC and US complicity in the ongoing genocide in Palestine. It was a beautiful day of principled protest and collective caring and I am deeply proud of our students.

SJP has called for a rally tomorrow at noon, so I have decided to cancel tomorrow’s CSWAC meeting in solidarity. I very much appreciate Jessica Schwartz and Isa Arzeno-Soltero’s willingness to share their work with us and regret that we won’t be able to learn about their projects tomorrow, but I am hoping that we will be able to feature them in a future meeting.

As it was the last meeting of the year, I had hoped to take the opportunity to thank CSWAC Chair Timu Gallien and Associate Director Nina Eidsheim in person. I will instead have to take a moment now to express my deep gratitude to both of them, Timu for two wonderful years of service as chair, and Nina for all her work this year as Associate Director and for agreeing to take on the chairship next year. It’s been such a pleasure to work with you both and CSW|Streisand is all the better for your brilliance and commitment.

Finally, my thanks to all of you. CSWAC is truly the best, most caring and supportive community at UCLA.

I will be at the rally tomorrow and I hope to see you there!

In solidarity,
Grace