CSW-AFFILIATED-FACULTY Archives

CSW Affiliated Faculty

CSW-AFFILIATED-FACULTY@LISTS.SSCNET.UCLA.EDU

From:
CSW Publications <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CSW Publications <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:30:20 -0800
The UCLA Department of Sociology Irene Flecknoe Ross Lecture Series and The
Public Sociologists Working Group and The UCLA Center for the Study of Women
present:

***"Taking Our Work Public": A Workshop with Stephanie Coontz***
***Thursday, Feb. 21 9am - Noon***
***Faculty Center Downstairs Lounge***

Please RSVP to Marisa Gerstein Pineau at [log in to unmask] if you are
interested in participating in this workshop.

Stephanie Coontz is a professor of history at Evergreen State College,
and Director of Research and Public Education for the Council on
Contemporary Families. Coontz received widespread acclaim for her book
"The Way We Never Were" and the follow-up, "The Way We Really Are".
She is  quoted frequently in the New York Times and USAToday, among
many other news outlets, and has appeared twice on NPR in the past
year. You can find more information about Coontz' work and her many
media interviews and published articles at her website:
http://www.stephaniecoontz.com/

Prof Coontz visited UCLA last year and gave a fantastic talk about
communicating academic research findings with the media and the larger
public. The Public Sociologists Working Group was so inspired we asked
her back again this year to hold a workshop on the topic. Please RSVP
as soon as possible if you are interested in attending. Coffee and
light breakfast will be provided.

CONTACTS: Marisa Gerstein Pineau, [log in to unmask]; John O'Brien,

The Irene Flecknoe Ross Lecture Series is made possible by a gift from
Ray Ross in memory of his wife.